Infectious Diseases are a continuing threat for citizens around the world. They cause suffering and death and impose an enormous financial burden on society. Antimicrobial drugs have saved millions of lives. However the emergence of drug resistance in bacteria, parasites viruses and fungi are threatening to reverse the medical progress of the past 60 years. Accordingly to health experts, one of the biggest threats facing man today is not war, but rather microbial resistant or a fast spreading deadly virus. Electrolyzed Water kills all known pathogens on contact. The above problems facing health institution may therefore be overcome by using Electrolyzed Water. There are potentially 2 broad fields of application of Electrolyzed Water in Facilities:
- Disinfection & sanitation of water, surfaces, tools and equipment
- Specific treatment applications
- Electrolyzed Water generated on demand, is used in spray bottles with microfibre cloths for hard surface disinfection such as floors, doors, handrails, tables, baby cots, crutches, wheelchairs and hands.
- Electrolyzed Water fog is applied in positive / negative pressure operating theatres where airway ventilation is disinfected while transporting the flow.
- Toilet facilities disinfection. Electrolyzed Water is dispensed as a fine spray in toilet facilities for hand washing and odor control.
Air Fogging (clean room)
- Wide area room decontamination and aerosols.
- It has been found that an aerosol supplying 10ml/m³ to 20ml/m³ Electrolyzed Water with a droplet size of 10um or less is enough to decontaminate the treatment room after 15 minutes’ exposure.
Linen disinfection in laundries
- Hospital launderettes use Electrolyzed Water for the final rinse to disinfect bed sheets, maternity gowns, towels and other garments.
Infection and Hazardous Microbe control
- Electrolyzed Water will be a major weapon in the battle for infection control acting swiftly and safely against all classes of hazardous microbes. The fluid is non-toxic, made from environmentally safe and sustainable materials, and can be used for surface disinfection and decontamination as well as dosing into water systems.
- The detergent, AW has a wide range of uses within any cleaning process.